Long Term Housing
What is the Long Term Housing Program?
- Properties that are owned by Department of Housing & Public Works, that are leased under the requirements of Long Term Housing.
- FEAT leases accommodation to eligible applicants.
- Applicants are referred to FEAT from the Department of Housing & Public Works Register of Need.
Are You Eligible?
- You must have a current approved application with Department of Housing & Public Works
- You must be able to live independently. People who can have their support needs met by another organisation are eligible for assistance.
How Do I Apply?
- Contact Department of Housing & Public Works for assessment of eligibility for the Register of Need. If eligible, you will need to request that Community Housing be listed on your application as a housing option.
How Much Will My Rent Be?
- Your rent is based on your household income. Rent is calculated at 25% of assessable household income plus full Rent Assistance you are entitled to receive through Department of Human Services – Centrelink.
- The rent policy guidelines used are set by Department of Housing & Public Works. Click here to read more.
- MAKE AN APPOINTMENTCall to book in an appointment with our friendly and understanding staff.
- LONG TERM HOUSINGFEAT Has 25 Social Housing properties for long term accommodation, eligibility is through the Dept. Housing wait list
- HOMELESSSNESS SERVICESThe service aims to provide support for families to transition out of homelessness into housing.
- NILS LOANSThe FEAT No Interest Loan Scheme provides small loans to any low income person who has the capacity to repay.